With all the talk about mobile these days, it can be easy to forget the ever powerful presence of the desktop. And having your business logo there, can be a major win for branding sake!
So to demonstrate how this can work for you, I built a simple radio streaming app for the desktop. You can install the custom app in much the same way as you do smartphone apps, just via a custom installer designed specifically for the desktop. And of course, I set the app to stream the 80’s HairBand Live Feed.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the application installer file
- Run the installer
- Accept the certificate (see important note below)
- Save the app to your location (folder) of choice
- Drag the icon to your desktop
- Click and run the app
NOTE: I built this desktop app from the ground up, and know it’s binary inside and out. As long as you “download” the file from SwitcHHat.com ONLY, you will know that the file is pure and safe to install (never install software from unknown parties). With that being said, please watch the included video (shown above)!
THE BIG PICTURE
Now, although the 80’s Hairband Radio app is very simple, it demonstrates a very important point: Does your business have “Virtual Real Estate” on your customers desktop/laptop screen?
If you don’t, then maybe you should consider the possibilities for what that could mean for your business. Seeing that the sky is the limit for what we could develop, think about the kind of value you could deliver to your customers at the “click of an icon”? Here are a few ideas that come to my mind:
- Custom Branded Streaming Radio Feeds (news, music, etc.)
- Real-Time printable coupons for local restaurants (Geo-Located)
- Skills games with rewards and prizes from local businesses
- Video walk-throughs of newly listed homes with printable specsheets (Geo-Located)
- How-To videos, including everything from SEO strategies to landscaping ideas
- Dynamic Pod-Cast feed for your business (one click and your customers hear the latest show)
- Dynamic maps for local, regional, and national events
- Insider Travel Deals without having to search Google
- …It’s just limitless!
To conclude, the point for having your company’s logo in front of your customers on all screens (mobile, desktop/laptop, t.v.), should be obvious. It’s where they live 24/7! And if you can reduce their interaction with your company down to literally, one-click, then you have the start of something big!
To find out more about what I can build for you, and to explore the limitless options for desktop branding, contact me here >>
APP UPDATE LOGS:
- THIS APP IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED! Upgrade To StreamTable™ Here >>
- Version 0.0.1 – 7.6.15 – Released
- Version 0.0.2 – 7.6.15 – Bug Fixes
- Version 0.0.3 – 7.6.15 – Second Audio Stream Added/Optimized
- Version 0.0.4 – 7.7.15 – Decreased Buffering For Quicker Loading Response
- Version 0.0.5 – 7.7.15 – Added Listeners To Detect User Inactivity & Reset UI
- Version 0.0.6 – 7.9.15 – Increased Buffering Speed & Added Notification
- Version 0.0.7 – 7.14.15 – Added A Better Second 80’s Feed